Well, I finished the rest of the finger puppet set, I started yesterday. It turns out the princess was the hardest of the four, so it didn't take me as long to crochet the knight, or the dragon as I had planned. I even ended up with enough time to crochet a matching castle bag to go with them (you can find the pattern by Elizabeth Mareno, here, but I found it through a post, here, on the Scribbit blog ).
I'm not completely in love with the castle roof, or the faces I managed on the puppets, but I should be getting quite a bit more practice. Four daughters, and one castle set, is never going to do. These are great though, easy enough for a beginner, and needing nothing more than a G size crochet hook, some scrap yarn, and a naptime, or two, worth of uninterrupted time.
It's great to be a homeschooler.