Friday, July 24, 2009

Crocheted Finger Puppets - A Princess and Her Horse

I was thrilled to find a beginner crochet pattern for finger puppets at www.crochetme.com/node/166/print. The pattern is actually for a set of four puppets, a princess, a horse, a knight, and a dragon. Out of the two I've managed so far, the horse is by far the easiest - but the pattern instructions are clear, and simple, and with a minimal amount of stress, I managed the princess too.

I didn't start them until the children were down to sleep, so they could be a surprise. I wanted to make all four puppets last night, but it turned out, that for a beginner (and believe me, I am a beginner), two puppets were enough for one evening. So for now, the princess will have to ride off in search of adventure, and perhaps a face, by herself.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

No comments: