Monday, May 2, 2011

Ladybug Counters

Remember our wooden doll head, penguin counters, for counting by 10s...


...that became robin counters, for counting by 2s?


Well, we're still counting by twos, but this time instead of with numbers on the fronts of robins, it's with dots on our "new" ladybug counters.


A couple of swipes with a sheet sandpaper, a fresh coat of paint, and we're ready for summer. The best part is that there is lots of room left to draw on more dots, so when we're done counting by twos, we can move on to threes, fours, fives, and beyond, without having to repaint.

For more fun with math, check out this week's Math Box blog-hop, hosted by love2learn2day.





It's great to be a homeschooler.

11 comments:

Hallie said...

Oh my! Those are too cute!! We made omse ladybug counters awhile back but never took pics. I'll try to dig them out and post pics so I can link up too! :)

www.ourbrokenroad.blogspot.com

Phyllis said...

I love this idea. It makes these have a long time of use. I bet they get attached to them before you are finished with them.

Ticia said...

Batman saw these and said I needed to make them.

mama rhody said...

OMCuteness! I'm totally inept at all things crafty...but I may just have to make these!

Super cute.

...danielle

Christy Killoran said...

I have to make these. They are just so cute. Do you let the children play with them if they want or are they only used for school time?

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Christy - I'll leave them out for them to play with.

Susan said...

Well, the word that rules these comments is "cute" and I would definitely agree :)
I love how you continue to re-purpose these counters!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Your math counters are very universal. I think daughter will enjoy such a craft too!

Debbie said...

I love how you have reused these counters in so many ways.

Cindy said...

I, too, love how you're reusing them. How do you ever get your kids to agree to saying goodbye to the old ones? ;)

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Cindy - There's always a lot of crying and gnashing of teeth, but change is good - right?