Monday, May 9, 2011

Cater-Builder, More Fun With Egg Cartons



I love it when toys can do double duty, but I have to confess, to being somewhat surprised at how entertaining the children have been finding our egg carton caterspeller game. We've managed to add another 18 letters to it, so they've been able to spell more words, which is fun.



But, the children have also enjoyed playing with them in other ways, too. Like, using them to accessorize our balloon powered cars.



Or, for building pyramids. In fact, E (age 6) kept herself very entertained for more than a half an hour, moving on toward an hour, working on this one.



It's not as easy as it looks, either. It takes a very steady hand, and a good deal of patience, and perseverance.



So, she was pretty proud of her success.



And, I mean - egg cartons! Who would have thought?


It's great to be a homeschooler.

7 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

Oh, I love this. I think I missed the first post about these. I'll have to go read it now. We always have egg cartons and my kids have grown a little bored of our lid letters. I think this is perfect.

I'm impressed with the pyramid too!

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

This is great! I need to start storing our old egg cartons... somewhere.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Very nice work :) Clearly this particular recyclable project has been great fun for everyone.

Debbie said...

As we have asked so many times, "Why do we buy our kids toys?"

Unknown said...

One man's trash is another man's treasure...

(Great concentration E!)

Phyllis said...

What fun! Inspiring creativity is your forte!

Sheltie Times said...

I missed the first post too. What a great learning tool.