Monday, January 23, 2012

Mini Tea Cup and Saucer Crochet Pattern

There's nothing better on a cold, gray, rainy afternoon, than a good audio book and a crochet project to keep your hands busy, unless maybe it's having a sunny cup of tea with your best sister.

I'm not happy with the teapot design, just yet. I'll keep tinkering with that. But, the cups and saucers turned out just the way I hoped, so I'll share the pattern, and record it for myself, below.

Cup
Chain 2.
Row 1: 6 sc (single crochet) in the first chain.
Row 2: 1 sc in first stitch, 2 scs in the next stitch, repeat 2 more times (9 stitches)
Row 3: 1 sc in the first 2 stitches, 2 scs in the next stitch, repeat 2 more times (12 stitches)
Row 4: 1 sc in the first 3 stitches, 2 scs in the next stitch, repeat 2 more times (15 stitches)
Rows 5 - 9: 1 sc in each stitch.
Tie off and weave in loose ends.

Handle
Leaving a tail for sewing on chain 4.
Sc in the second stitch from the last, and in the remaining stitch.
*Chain 1 and turn
Sc in the two stitches across*
Repeat between *s for more 6 rows.
Tie off, use the tail to sew the two long edges together.
Sew to cup.

Saucer
Chain 2.
Row 1: 6 sc in the first chain.
Row 2: 1 sc in the first stitch, 2 scs in the next stitch, repeat 2 more times (9 stitches)
Row 3: 1 sc in the first 2 stitches, 2 scs in the next stitch, repeat 2 more times (12 stitches)
Row 4: 1 sc in the first 3 stitches, 2 scs in the next stitch, repeat 2 more times (15 stitches)
Row 5: 1 sc in the first 4 stitches, 2 scs in the next stitch, repeat 2 more times (18 stitches)
Row 6: 1 sc in the first 5 stitches, 2 scs in the next stitch, repeat 2 more times (21 stitches)
Tie off and weave in loose ends.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

7 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

Adorable!!!!!!! Wish I could crochet.

Phyllis said...

It is very cute! You are quite talented.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Christy - Take heart, I am only a beginner crocheter. I still haven't mastered the afghan! These type of projects are super simple.

lokiwoman said...

Thanks!! I made a set of 6 for my daughter and she just loves them!

Dolunay -Alanayarts said...

çok şeker olmuşlar!

Je-Nien said...

This is so adorable!! I was wondering if you have the pattern for the teapot. I'd love to make it! I'll at least make the cups and saucers for my 6 year old. Thanks!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Je-Nien - Thanks, but I'm sorry I don't. I never came up with one I was happy enough with to write down. You might be a able to find a larger pattern online though, and then just reduce it down to fit with the cups.