To add a fun flair to your fall table, all you need is a candle, a mason jar, or other heat resistant, glass container, a few scraps of tissue paper (the kind used for wrapping) in orange, yellow, and white, and spray on, or liquid starch.
Spray the outside of the jar, with starch, over the sink, or a piece of newspaper.
Layer pieces of tissue paper up to, but not over, the top of the jar, to form the yellow, then orange, then white stripes of a candy corn. The tissue paper will stick to the wet jar...
...but you will need to spray additional starch onto the tissue paper, to really hold it in place.
Let the jar dry upside down, so any starch, that is on the inside, will drain out.
When the jar is completely dry, wipe out the inside with a damp cloth, to remove any remaining starch (we didn't do this, but is sounds like a smart idea).
Then, place a votive candle in the bottom of the jar, or secure a birthday candle to the bottom, with a lump of clay.
Light it, and enjoy.
Take care to read any warnings about open flame, that might be on your starch bottle. We had no problem with a lit candle in our votive - but as always, with crafts, and candles, use common sense, and caution.
It's great to be a homeschooler.