Another little tip we picked up last year, and now plan on using every year, is don't forget the cinnamon and sugar.
Sweet and Savory Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Cut the sugar pumpkin in half, and harvest the seeds.
- Wash the seeds, pat them dry, and spread them out in a single layer on a greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and cinnamon.
- Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit, stirring often, for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and transfer the seeds to a Ziploc bag, with one teaspoon of sugar.
- Seal the bag, and shake to distribute the sugar over the seeds
The only drawback to this snack, is that it disappears too soon. But then, that's part of what makes it an extra special treat for fall.
It's great to be a homeschooler.