Friday, May 27, 2016

Progressive Drawing


Just for kicks today, I pulled out one of our paper rolls, crayons, colored pencils, paint brush pens, and markers...


...and called the girls in, one at a time, to work on a progress drawing - like a progressive story, but instead of each girl writing a sentence or two...


...they took turns adding to a drawing.  C started with some flowers...


...E added a tree...


...and A turned the whole scene into a daydream...


...on a winter's day, which then they continued to add to, bit by bit, turn by turn until we ran out of time.


I'm sure we'll be trying it again. Maybe next time we'll make a progressive doodle, and limit the number of pen strokes per turn for a more geometric/modern art type effect - or set a time limit for each turn to add a quick draw, game like feel to the fun, or let the boys join in to up the chaos level. There are just so many possibilities.

4 comments:

Camie said...

That's fun!

Ticia said...

I could see this being very popular with my daughter....

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This is fun! I might try it with mine even though it will be less fun with fewer people...

MaryAnne said...

My kids do stuff like this informally. I bet they would love it as a more structured activity.