Thursday, May 5, 2016

Nerd Box Piñatas


I made up a few very tiny, and pretty quick to make, "piñatas" as a nod to Cinco de Mayo, today, by...


...emptying standard sized boxes of Nerds candies (saving the candy)...


...then deconstructing, cutting, remaking and...


...decorating the boxes according to the same instructions you can find all over Pinterest or Google for making cereal box piñatas...

...with the only differences being:

  • everything was smaller
  • I used clear tape on the boxes instead of painters tape (because that's what I had)
  • I fastened the crepe paper to the box with a glue stick instead of double sided tape
  • and I left the nose open instead of the feet for filling...


...and pouring.


Happy Cinco De Mayo!

6 comments:

Phyllis said...

Oh,my goodness! Those are so adorable!!! You are a genius! I think of you often because my little guy you crocheted for me lives on top of my dresser in my bedroom.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Phyllis - That is so sweet. Picking up the blog again is a lot like coming home. I can't wait for the weekend when I can get around and catch up with blogger friends posts and see what everyone has been up to.

Camie said...

Too clever and adorable!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

You make it look so easy :D I missed your ideas.

Ticia said...

This is the CUTEST thing ever!

Glad to see you blogging again :)

claireshomeeducation said...

My first thought was a vision of child with stick in hand and the tiny pinata hanging from the ceiling and them missing it every single try due to its tiny size! I love these, and I guess if one wanted to one could hang lots from the ceiling to give the child a fighting chance....
Psst, I may not have said it...but it's good to have you back :)