Friday, December 18, 2015

When Aslan Comes into Sight - A Snow Day Musing


I looked out the window at the melting snow today, and saw a lion formed on our fence.


Even though the our warming and snow-melting trend is only temporary - I think there's supposed to be more snow tonight (hurrah for Christmas snow!) I couldn't help but think of the poem from C.S. Lewis in The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe:

“Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,
And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.”



A Christmas poem if ever I've read one.

It might be time to read that book again.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

How awesome. We start The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe as soon as we return to school.
Blessings, Dawn

Ticia said...

I love it. I've got a friend who's throwing a Narnia party today.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

What a neat discovery! Funny that your snow is melting now, right before Christmas!

MaryAnne said...

I need to read that book to my kids. I saw your lion right away - very fun! I miss snow (although not icy streets).

Camie said...

I want to see a lion in my snow! How lucky!