Sunday, January 4, 2015

Newton's 1st Law - Inertia Tower Game


For Science Sunday this week, and in honor of Isaac Newton's birthday, I hot glued 4 pairs of milk caps together...


...three green pairs, each with one cap filled with play dough, and 1 pair of yellow, left empty, with no play dough.


I stacked them up, and challenged the children to knock the yellow cap set out, while leaving all the green caps neatly stacked.


You can watch our slow motion video below, to see Newton's 1st law of motion at work.



Happy birthday Isaac Newton!

Linked with Science Sunday at All Things Beautiful.

6 comments:

Phyllis said...

Oh, I love this! The video is perfect! Wonderful demonstration!

Die fantastischen 5 said...

The same as Phyllis AND I´m going to copy again :)
Thanks for another great idea!

claireshomeeducation said...

Brilliant! I'm bookmarking this post to come back to when we cover Newton next Autumn.

Ticia said...

What a fun way to demonstrate this. I really should be saving more lids...

Lucinda said...

Love the slow mo video!

MaryAnne said...

Very clever demonstration! The video is fantastic.