Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Science Craft - Toilet Paper Tube Squid


The children weren't too happy to have to give up their balloon squid when I finally dumped out their ocean playground.  To lessen the blow, I walked them (my younger three, ages 5-9) through a toilet paper tube craft, that doubled as a review of the parts of the squid we had just learned about, minus the mouth and beak.


Mantle:




Fins:






Head and Legs (eight of them):


Clubs:


Feeding Tentacles:




Siphon:



Eyes:


Ta-da!


It's great to be a homeschooler.

5 comments:

Mama to 5 said...

adorable! I am adding it to my Pinterest board under our Apologia Swim Creatures curriculum board. Thank you!

OurHopeIsInTheLord said...

I love it, we are studying squid this month so this is great for us, thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

OK, if a squid could ever be considered "cute," I do believe this is what he would look like... :0)

Phyllis said...

Thanks for talking me through it, too. You might like Exploring Creation with Swimming Creatures.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Way cool and so detailed!