Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Blanket "Nest"

Amazon has many of its Kindle books, which you can read through a free Kindle app on your PC or laptop, available to borrow and read at no cost, if you have an Amazon Prime membership, or through many "Library to Go" type programs.  It's a nice feature when you need a rainy day boredom buster idea, like the one we found in J. Elizabeth Mills' The Everything Kids Easy Science Experiments Book for today.

Building a nest out of blankets...





...was just what we needed...


...to inspire a little science themed play...


...before nap time.



It's great to be a homeschooler.

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Fantastic! What fun!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

How fun! I need to use my Prime Membership for these purposes more often.

Ticia said...

Man, I wish Barnes and Noble had the same thing with their Nook. I have to say Amazon is doing a better job of advertising their reader than B&N is doing.

Oh, and love the nest, I'm sure if my kids saw that picture they'd be building one ASAP!

Unknown said...

Oh, I want to take a nap in nap- how awesome!!!

Debbie said...

We would love to make a nest out of blankets. Thank you for reminding me to check out Amazon for the free Kindle books. I just nabbed this one.

Phyllis said...

You have some happy little birds!