Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Who Gets to Pray For Lunch - Spinner Craft


Now that the little ones have gotten old enough to give thanks for the food at mealtimes, we try to give everyone a chance to pray by taking turns, and rotating through the children. But, remembering whose turn it is can be difficult.

E helped me put together a prayer time spinner to solve the problem.

She traced, and cut a circle out of cardboard, and then glued pictures of each of us, to it, that I had printed, and cut out for her.


We punched a hole in the center of the circle, and fastened on a cardboard arrow, with a paper fastener, fastened on the backside.


After a little bending, and adjusting of the arrow, so it could spin easily...


...we were ready to find out, whose turn it was to pray.


Now I suppose, the big debate will be who gets to spin the arrow.

Don't forget to check out this week's Bible Alive! Tuesday link-up, hosted by The Fantastic Five, for more Bible themed fun, and ideas for children.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

7 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

There is always a debate, isn't there? and I only have three children debating at this point!

That is a neat decision maker, but I could see my children complaining if the arrow landed on the same person twice (or more) in a row.

Ticia said...

That is one of the biggest fights at our house. Whose turn is it to pray......

ChristinaB said...

Of all the things the kiddos can argue about I am glad that who gets to pray is one of them! :0) I like this idea a lot and think I will make one too but instead of spinning to see who's turn it is maybe we will set it on one person and then move it each time so we know who goes next.

Great idea!

Christina

Unknown said...

BAHAHAHAHA!!! I just LOVE the pictures you chose for your spinner- what a creative way to settle arguments...

Joyful Learner said...

It looks kind of like a funky clock. We might have to copy your idea but our spinner selection will be rather small.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Love the photos on the spinner!!!

I bet it would come in handy for settling all sorts of disputes.

Debbie said...

I love this idea! I guess we don't have as much of a fight here since there is only the three of us, and we all just take turns.