If your familiar with this blog, you know we like to play around with recipes, and we've already had a lot of fun making child friendly, chocolate fudge truffles...
...marshmallow dreidels (more Chanukah, than Christmas, but fun none the less)...
But, of course, not all recipes are for food. Some recipes, the very best recipes, are for fun. And, last night, we tried out a new recipe for frugal, family, Christmas fun.
- Take one batch of homemade play dough - 2 cups flour, 1 1/4 cups salt, 1 cup boiling water, 1/4 oil, and food coloring to desired color.
- Print out three, or four, Christmas themed, play dough mats from SparkleBox, and cover them with contact paper, or slip them into clear paper protectors. (Thanks to Michelle, at A Mommy's Adventures, for putting us onto these!)
- Add a few kids, who have been cooped up a little too long by stormy, winter weather.
- Throw in a couple Christmas cookie cutters.
- Stand back, and watch the fun happen.
It's great to be a homeschooler.