Monday, December 7, 2009

Hand and Footprint Reindeer Craft


The theme for this weeks Unplugged Project, at Unplug Your Kids, was hand. So, the little ones, and I, put together one of our family's traditional Christmas crafts - hand and footprint reindeer. The older children seem to have outgrown the tradition, but since the two oldest now have hands, and feet bigger than mine, it's probably just as well.


We traced, and cut out two hand prints on brown paper, and one footprint on red paper, for each reindeer.



I did most of the tracing, and cutting, but the girls picked out the size of googly eyes they wanted, and the size, and color of pom pom nose. Then, they glued their hand prints to the back of the footprints, for antlers, and the eyes and noses to the front.



When the faces were dry, I added a magnetic strip to the back, for easy refrigerator display, and we were done.



It's great to be a homeschooler.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Those are brilliant, I love them! :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This craft is on my list, but my daughter and I couldn't agree on methods yet. I am determined to do it too... some time in December :)