Last week we decided to do a little experimenting with our Elmer's School Glue, to see if we could make our own window clings.
We started by pouring out a few snowflakes on wax paper with the glue.
We left them to dry overnight, and then peeled them off of the paper, and tried them on the window.
We had to wet the backs of them to get them to stick to the window, but once on, they stayed put nicely.
Because they were wet, they did drip a bit, as we put them up, but the smudges were easily wiped away with a fingertip wrapped in a clean, dry towel.
I left them up for a few days, to make sure they would stay in place, and then this morning, decided to see how difficult they would be to take down. Happily, they peel right off the window, only leaving a small smudge of glue behind, which cleans off easily with glass cleaner.
Now that we know how well they work out, I can let the kids go to town, making glue "cling" snowflakes for the windows - I think I see a white Thanksgiving in our future.
It's great to be a homeschooler.