Thursday, February 6, 2014

Cold Weather Kid Science - Tip #1 - Turning Boiling Water Into Snow

So apparently, when you step out into the sub-zero weather, preparing to turn a mug of boiling water into snow, it is important, as you carefully hand it off to your child, not only to warn them about the dangers of boiling water, but also to specify that...


...they are to toss the water from the mug, not with the mug.  The experiment, however, works either way.



It's great to be a homeschooler.

5 comments:

Ticia said...

I burst out laughing at that picture, you got just the right time on that shot.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Ya, homeschooling at its finest.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

LOL. This is one experiment I wish we could do, but I find it surprising that I didn't do it ever when I was growing up! Did you?

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Natalie - Not this one exactly, but I do remember spitting in the air to check the temperature after reading Jack London's "To Build a Fire"

Christy Killoran said...

Ha ha ha!