Sunday, February 19, 2012

Peanut Plant Update - 1 Month

At the beginning of January we sprouted peanut plants from raw Spanish peanuts, left over from our Christmas peanut brittle.


After about ten days, the peanuts had sprouted roots and leaves, and we transplanted them to a pot of sandy soil.


A week later, two of the plants were growing nicely, but the third was not showing any signs of life.


Now, after nearly a month of sunshine and water (a glass full every other day), I'm happy to say, the two remaining plants are still alive, and nearly seven inches tall.


Just three more months to go. Check back in another month for the next update, and keep your fingers crossed, please!

It's great to be a homeschooler.

Linked with Science Sunday at Adventure's in Mommydom.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job! I hope it continues to grow like Jack's Beanstalk...

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Great! Good luck!

Melanie said...

Hello there..wonderful post! I am new here and am a homeschooler too - about six years now! I love projects like this - the kids get so much from it. We just planted our seeds for our summer garden the other day. Can't wait to see some sprouts!

Ticia said...

Wow, I"m so impressed because I can never successfully grow things. Fingers and toes crossed :)

Celeste said...

I am so happy I stumbled across your blog! I'm just starting on the homeschooling journey with my two little girls. Thank you for posting your wonderful educational ideas! I will definitely have to try some of your projects!

Debbie said...

This is fantastic!

Phyllis said...

What a cool project!